This policy describes the management of our web site as regard to processing activities concerning your personal data when visiting us at the following web page:
Specifically, it regards the content of our Website only and it does not concern any other web site that might be visited by users by clicking on external links which may be present on the Website.
"You" in this Privacy Statement means you as an individual.
"We" or "us" in this Privacy Statement means, in relation to your personal data, the Data Controller.
1. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
"Personal data" means information about you.
When you visit this Website we may collect personal data either:
- directly where you are asked to provide data. If you use any "Register" feature of the Website you may need to provide contact information as well as information about the page you are on or the content you are viewing; or
- indirectly, such as using cookies (as described below) or to track your use of certain pages of the Website (e.g. your internet protocol address) and other technical means to monitor your use of the Website.
We do not seek to collect sensitive data through the Website.
2. HOW WILL PERSONAL DATA BE USED?
We may process and use personal data collected via this Website for the following purposes:
- to administer the Website; and
- to provide information to you at your request - for example to receive press release about the company.
3. ARE COOKIES USED ON THE PORTAL?
Cookies are information sent by a web server to a user’s computer, which are stored therein.
In order to know which cookie are used on this Website, please see the following paragraph 8 while if you want to refuse the use of any cookie, please correct the settings of your internet browser (in this regard, you can find details on how to undertake this action on the website of your browser). Furthermore, in this case, please remind that the web navigation and the enjoyment of the contents of this Website could be compromised.
4. HOW CAN I ACCESS, OR CHANGE MY PERSONAL DATA?
You are entitled to request access to, correct all your personal data collected by us, to object to the processing and to lodge a complaint. For any further information about the processing activities carried out by the Data Controller, and/or the exercise of your rights, you may contact the Data Controller at the e-mail address info[at]datwler.com.
5. ARE PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND ARE PERSONAL DATA DISCLOSED TO OTHER ENTITIES?
The website is located on a server in Germany.
6. HOW LONG ARE PERSONAL DATA RETAINED?
We will keep your personal data only as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
7. WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER?
Dätwyler Holding Inc. with registered office in Gotthardstrasse 31, CH-6460 Altdorf, Switzerland, is the Data Controller of your personal data (“Data Controller”).
8.1 What is a cookie?
When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies.
A cookie is a file that contains data (a string of letters and numbers); this file is transmitted from a web server to a web browser when you visit a website, and is then saved by the browser. The respective ID is then transmitted back again every time the browser requests a page from the server.
The information retrieved by cookies might be about you, your preferences, your device or used to make the site work as you expect it to.
Cookies do not usually contain any information allowing you to be personally identified, but they can give you a more personalized and enjoying web experience. It is, however, possible that we may link personal details that we have saved about you to the details stored in the cookies, and link them to these details received.
8.2 Different kinds of cookies Cookies
can be installed by the operator of the website the user is visiting (“first party cookies”) or by other websites (“third party cookies”):
- First-party cookies – these files are set by the web server of our Website and have the same domain.
- Third-party cookies - when you use our Website, cookies from third-party providers may be transmitted to you. If you visit a website that has embedded content, such as YouTube videos for example, these websites may transmit cookies to you. We do not monitor the settings of such cookies. We recommend that you ask for more information about these cookies on the websites of such third-party providers, and find out the corresponding options for managing them.
There are cookies which can be permanently stored in the user’s device until their expiration or deletion by the user (“permanent cookies”) or cookies that can be automatically eliminated any time the Website browsing session ends or when the browser is closed (“session cookies”).
- Session cookies – these are temporary files that are only activated during your visit to our website. Normally your browser deletes such cookies as soon as you close it.
- Persistent cookies – these files are active also after the browser session ends. By way of example, when you register on a website and then later come back and visit it again, the website has learned who you are and displays personalized contents. Such behavior is made possible by persistent cookies.
As you might see, cookies are used for several purposes, in order to ensure the correct functioning of the Website and offer a better and more efficient browsing experience. Please fine here below further details on the types of cookies we may use on our Website.
8.3 What types of cookies our website use?
Below you may find a list of the cookies that are most commonly used and an explanation of how they are each used.
- Analytical/performance cookies These cookies make it possible to collect anonymous data about the usage behavior of our visitors. These are evaluated by us, for example to improve the functionality of the website.
- Functional cookies These cookies are used for certain functionalities of our website, e.g. to suggest a better navigation flow to our website.
- Targeting cookies These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have executed. We will use this information to tailor our website to your interests.
|First Party cookies|
|Statistics:_ga||2years||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site.|
|Third Party cookies|
|Statistics:_ga||2years||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site..||To opt-out click on
|Statistics:_gat||Session||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||To opt-out click on
|Statistics:_gid||Session||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site.||To opt-out click on
|YSC||Session||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics videos from YouTube seen.|
|GPS||Session||Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||179 days||Tries to estimate the users' band width on pages with integrated You Tube videos.|
We use the information that we obtain from your use of the cookies for the following purposes:
- To manage the Website;
- To recognise your computer when you visit our Website;
- To improve the user-friendliness of the Website;
- To analyse how the Website is used.
8.5 Cookies settings Is it safe to activate cookies?
Yes. Cookies are just short data strings that cannot perform any operations by themselves. Cookies cannot be used to retrieve other data from the hard disk, transmit computer viruses or identify and use e-mail addresses. We recommend that you allow the web browsers to accept cookies from our website.
How do I adjust my settings for cookies?
If you want to refuse the use of any cookie, please correct the settings of each of the internet browsers you use separately (in this regard, you can find details on how to undertake this action on the website of your browser) or change your settings on the following website: www.youronlinechoices.com.
Please find here below more details on how to manage your cookies preferences.
If you wish to block or delete the cookies received from any website, you can do this by changing the browser settings by means of the specific function. You can find below the links to the instructions of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera - http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
We remind that disabling all cookies, including navigation and functionality cookies, may cause Website browsing problems.
Should you opt for blocking all cookies, please find here below some examples of the processing you might have to follow:
- In Internet Explorer you can block all cookies, by clicking on "Tools", "Internet options”, "Privacy", and then use the slider to select "Block all cookies";
- In Mozilla Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking on "Tools", and then "Options", and turn off "Accept cookies from sites" in the section "Privacy".
However, please be aware that the blocking of all cookies has a negative effect on the usability of many websites.
Should you wish to delete any cookies that have already been saved on your computer, you might have to follow these steps:
- If you are using Internet Explorer, you have to manually delete the cookie files (you will find instructions for this at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- If you are using Mozilla Firefox and you want to delete the cookies, you first have to check that cookies are deleted when you use the option "Remove private data" (you can change this setting by clicking on "Tools", "Options, "Settings" and "Privacy") and click on "Clear your recent history" in the "Tools" menu.
On the other hand, to activate cookies, the instructions here below, which apply to your particular browser, might help you:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Select "Internet options" in the "Tools" menu.
- Click on the tab "Privacy".
- Under "Settings", click on the button "Standard" (or move the slider manually to "Medium").
- Click OK.
- Go to the "Tools" menu.
- Select "Options".
- Select the icon marked "Privacy".
- Click on OK to save your changes.
- In the Customize and Control menu, select "Settings"
- In the "Advanced settings" (Privacy, Content settings) find the section "Cookies".
- Click on OK.
- Select Safari > Settings, and click on Privacy.
- In the field "Block cookies", specify if and when Safari should accept cookies from websites.
8.6 Other websites
8.7 Disclosure and dissemination
Data acquired through cookies are processed by employees and collaborators of the Data Controller expressly appointed as persons authorized to that aim. Moreover, these data may be processed by third-party companies carrying out technical and organizational tasks on our behalf (e.g.: web service providers). These companies are appointed as data processors. Data acquired through cookies may be transferred abroad but will not under any circumstances be disseminated to unknown persons.
8.8 What about your rights?
You are at any time entitled to ask us for information on the processing of your personal data, access, obtain updating or the erasure of your data, as well as to object to the processing of your data and/or to lodge a compliant before the competent supervisory authority, as better provided for in the Privacy Statement of this Website.