More than 100 years of innovation for the benefit of our customers, employees, shareholders and the community – that is the hallmark of the Datwyler Group. Over this period, Datwyler has evolved from a family-owned Swiss company into an international group. Building on our strong roots, we have developed our own style with high standards and unique values.
We strive to deliver sustainable profitable growth for the benefit of our stakeholders as the foundation for adding long-term value and preserving the corporate independence of the Datwyler Group. In our efforts, we are addressing the challenges of our times. Our independent sustainability report is according to the guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). This has been checked and confirmed by GRI. The Datwyler Group also reports its greenhouse gas emissions to CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project).
participant of the UN Global Compact
Datwyler is also a participant of the UN Global Compact. This is an initiative launched by the United Nations which espouses ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and combating corruption. As a UN Global Compact participant, Datwyler undertakes to follow the ten principles and to accept its responsibility within society.
- The Datwyler sites generate considerable benefits for the local industry and municipalities.
- In the 2017 reporting year Datwyler achieved its objectives: revenue increase by 6.2 % to CHF 1’291.4 million and the EBIT margin reach a record 12.6 %
- Objectives: Revenue growth in 2018 to CHF 1’350 million to CHF 1’400 million, target range for the EBIT margin of 12 % to 15 %.
- The Sealing Solutions division, by providing system-critical and application-specific sealing components, helps its 800 or so customers worldwide enjoy success within their markets.
- The Technical Components division offers more than 650’000 customers a degree of ’added value’ by meeting spontaneous requirements for time-critical electronic components.
- In the 2017 reporting year, both divisions were within the target range in the customer survey.
- Objectives: At least a rating of ‘Slightly better than the benchmark’ in the customer surveys.
- Corporate processes are based on the internationally recognised quality assurance systems and the new production system at the Sealing Solutions division.
- Thanks to standardised processes and safety data sheets, Datwyler ensures its products comply with national laws and standards.
- Datwyler picked up nine awards for top quality and innovation during the 2017 reporting year.
- Objectives: Datwyler will be looking to promote ‘ Ecodesign’ at the Sealing Solutions division and optimise packaging materials at the Technical Components division.
- Environmental management is focused on the business‘ s own production plants within the Sealing Solutions division.
- Datwyler environmental management is certified in accordance with ISO 14001 at the majority of plants and is integrated into the new production system.
- Reduction in material relative consumption per revenue unit in the 2017 reporting year: heating fuel – 5 %, electricity – 0.4 %, water – 9.6 %, volume of waste – 4.5 %. This means Datwyler achieved the objectives it set itself for water consumption and the volume of waste.
- Objectives: Average annual reduction in the relative consumption of resources per revenue unit up to 2020: fuel – 6 %, electricity – 3 %, water – 3 %, volume of waste – 3 %.
- Regular audits and training courses help raise awareness of workplace safety among the management and employees.
- In the reporting year, Datwyler recorded 6.15 days’ absence per full-time equivalent due to illness and 0.23 days’ absence per full-time equivalent due to workplace accidents.
- Objectives: 0.25 accident-related days of absence a year per full-time equivalent and four days of absence due to illness a year per full-time equivalent.
- Datwyler does not tolerate any form of discrimination, and this is laid out and made binding in the Code of Conduct.
- With a view to bringing on tomorrow’s managers, Datwyler adopts a systematic approach to talent management and runs an internal development programme.
- Datwyler conducts a standard Group-wide employee survey every other year.
- Objectives: 80 % response rate to the employee survey; 80 % of employees with a high level of commitment; 70 % of employees who would act as an ambassador for Datwyler and recommend it as an employer.
- Datwyler has a standard, binding code of conduct for suppliers which is monitored as part of the quality assurance systems.
- At the Sealing Solutions division, Datwyler procures over 58’000 tonnes of raw materials a year from around 400 suppliers, around 70 % of whom are based in Europe.
- At the Technical Components division, Datwyler distribution companies procure electronic components from some 2’000 product manufacturers and wholesalers, around 80 % of whom are based in Europe.
- Objective: All suppliers to sign up to the Supplier Code of Conduct. Exemptions are allowed if suppliers are members of the UN Global Compact or have their own official code of conduct which incorporates the principles of the UN Global Compact.
- Datwyler has been a member of the UN Global Compact since as early as 2009 and has a Group-wide binding code of conduct for employees and suppliers.
- Any kind of discrimination, bribery or corruption is strictly forbidden.
- A standardised compliance reporting process ensures the individual subsidiaries implement the Code of Conduct.
- Objectives: No cases of corruption and no justified legal action agains Group companies.