100 years of innovation for the benefit of our customers, employees, shareholders and the community – that is the hallmark of the Datwyler Group. Over this period, Datwyler has evolved from a family-owned Swiss company into an international group. Building on our strong roots, we have developed our own style with high standards and unique values.
We strive to deliver sustainable profitable growth for the benefit of our stakeholders as the foundation for adding long-term value and preserving the corporate independence of the Datwyler Group. In our efforts, we are addressing the challenges of our times. Our sustainability reporting in the Annual Report is according to the Sustainability Reporting Guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). This has been checked and confirmed by GRI.
participant of the UN Global Compact
Datwyler is also a participant of the UN Global Compact. This is an initiative launched by the United Nations which espouses ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and combating corruption. As a UN Global Compact participant, Datwyler undertakes to follow the ten principles and to accept its responsibility within society.
- The Datwyler Group strives for sustainably profitable growth for the benefit of all stakeholders.
- The 2016 reporting year saw revenue increase by 4.3% to CHF 1'215.8 million and the adjusted EBIT margin reach a record 13.0%.
- For 2017, Datwyler is expecting to achieve revenue of between CHF 1'250 million and CHF 1'350 million, based on a target range for the EBIT margin of 11% to 14%.
- Looking ahead to 2020, the Datwyler Group aims to achieve revenue of CHF 2 billion and an EBIT margin of 12% to 15% by this time.
- The Sealing Solutions Division, by providing system-critical and application-specific sealing components, helps its 800 or so customers worldwide enjoy success within their markets.
- The Technical Components Division offers more than 650'000 customers a degree of 'added value' by meeting spontaneous requirements for time-critical electronic components.
- An annual standard customer survey provides the basis for continuous improvements to the service customers receive.
- Regular customer surveys provide a platform for ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Corporate processes are based on the internationally recognised quality assurance systems and the new production system at the Sealing Solutions Division.
- Thanks to standardised processes and safety data sheets, Datwyler ensures its products comply with national laws and standards.
- In future, Datwyler will be looking to promote 'Ecodesign' at the Sealing Solutions Division and optimise packaging materials at the Technical Components Division.
- Datwyler picked up four awards for top quality and innovation during the 2016 reporting year.
- Environmental management is focused on the business's own production plants.
- Datwyler environmental management is certified in accordance with ISO 14001 at the majority of plants and is integrated into the new production system.
- Datwyler is striving to reduce consumption per revenue unit of resources such as heating energy, electricity and water, as well as reducing the amount of waste.
- In the reporting year, Datwyler managed to reduce consumption of direct energy and water in both absolute and relative terms. It proved possible to keep the volume of waste per revenue unit constant, while electricity consumption increased.
- Datwyler is pursuing a vision of accident- and injury-free production plants and distribution centres.
- Regular audits and training courses help raise awareness of workplace safety among the management and employees.
- In the reporting year, Datwyler recorded 6.25 days' absence per full-time equivalent due to illness and 0.25 days' absence per full-time equivalent due to workplace accidents.
- Datwyler does not tolerate any form of discrimination, and this is laid out and made binding in the Code of Conduct.
- The decentralised management style at Datwyler encourages an entrepreneurial culture.
- With a view to bringing on tomorrow's managers, Datwyler adopts a systematic approach to talent management and runs an internal development programme.
- Datwyler conducts a standard Group-wide employee survey every other year.
- The headcount increased to 7'312 people in the reporting year, 36% of whom live in Asia.
- Datwyler has a standard, binding code of conduct for suppliers which is monitored as part of the quality assurance systems.
- Datwyler does not tolerate any kind of arrangements, bribery or corruption.
- At the Sealing Solutions Division, Datwyler procures over 50'000 tonnes of raw materials a year from around 400 suppliers, around 70% of whom are based in Europe.
- At the Technical Components Division, Datwyler distribution companies procure electronic components from some 2'000 product manufacturers and wholesalers, around 80% of whom are based in Europe.
- Datwyler has been a member of the UN Global Compact since as early as 2009 and has a Group-wide binding code of conduct for employees and suppliers.
- Any kind of discrimination, bribery or corruption is strictly forbidden.
- A standardised compliance reporting process ensures the individual subsidiaries implement the Code of Conduct.
- Whistle blower hotlines are available for employees and suppliers to report improper conduct.